SheSaat is an online store founded by Tiffany P. Chheng, a Cambodian/American with an enthusiasts for K-beauty and fashion. At SheSaat, our goal is to inspire good skin habits. We believe skincare and fashion are a personal journey that should evolve with you – through different life stages, styles, environments and experiences. The way to healthy skin is to learn what works for you and pick up positive skin habits along the way. We’re here to guide you through that process, and make it fun!
The Merchandising Director plays a key role in the company, providing broad, strategic vision for SheSaat and identifying and evaluating new growth initiatives – leading both Merchandising and Business Development opportunities. This role will advise on long term growth strategy, competitive strategy, and insights into future trends. Additionally, it will lead and coordinate the investment, and partnership processes, working closely with functional leaders to clearly articulate the rationale for individual opportunities and ensure alignment with overall strategic direction.
He/She guide will guide the opportunity assessment, strategic and financial analysis, and the creation of business plans for high potential opportunities. Blending strong internal analytical capabilities with creative, external perspectives, the successful candidate will champion new initiatives that result in long-term competitive advantages. Reporting directly into the VP of Business Development + Marketing, this individual will lead highly visible projects that will have a significant impact on the direction and performance of the company.
- Develop short and long term strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with the VP
- Responsible for financial performance, drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the company’s ambitious growth
- Analyze and forecast KPIs at the SKU, category and brand level – communicate opportunities and actions to VP and cross-functional teams
- Identify and evaluate white space opportunities and new growth initiatives leveraging data, consumer insights, product and trend knowledge
- Work cross-functionally to ensure successful end-to-end planning and execution of merchandise assortment and inventory levels, taking into account brand strategy and financial objectives
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships, focus on vendor management and brand acquisition
- Negotiate the best terms and product offering with external vendors to support overall growth strategy
- Partner with supply chain team to manage buy process and accurately forecast inventory needs
- Own competitive & market positioning / scenario analysis with all new business development opportunities
- Build external relationships to identify and capitalize on new growth / venture opportunities
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive insights, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Minimum 8-10 years Buying/Merchandising, Planning and Business Development experience
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Previous experience scaling a direct-to-consumer company
- Must have an analytical and business minded approach to meet financial targets
- Experience in beauty, ecommerce, and/or retail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven leadership and excellent managerial skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and results driven with the ability to handle competing priorities
- Strategic mind with an ability to think broadly to lead and facilitate the assessment of unique opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills